Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brick by Brick

In the South, we have a lot of brick (ok, yes I know, there is a lot of brick up north too...).  Mr. Southern and I joke that our backyard is really a brick-making factory and those who try to garden in clay soil know just what I'm talking about.  But the brick that I love is the interior wall brick.  One of my favorite experiences is entering a restaurant, for example, seeing great windows along the left side of the wall, but walking deep into the building with a warm brick wall along the right (or vice versa).  
wisteria interior
 Wisteria in Atlanta

I love the versatility of brick, too.  Brick can be....


Romantic


Isn't that chandalier amazing!!!??


Country Living - designer Hillary Wallace

European Country
<p>Unconventional Storage Solutions</p>

Transitional Contemporary

via Cococozy


via HGTV

Modern
Modern Living Room Photo by tandemracer

modern pop art living room


Painted
via Life in a Venti Cup (via Desire to Inspire)

how-to-paint-a-brick-wall


White-washed

6-13-whitewashed-brick-wall.jpg
Apartment Therapy


or even Faux
photo
Designer Showhose, St. Petersburg Times


I tried not to select too many blatant loft pictures simply because that is so obvious with brick! But I have to share a few... beginning with my old loft (need to scan some better pictures!) and its "upgrade."

Here it is when I lived there.
Pardon the terrible photos.  I was trying to capture the velvet drapes I had just sewn. They are really a deep purple/brown.  

And here it is redone (below).  Sadly, it has been repainted and no longer houses that bright orange accents (not my selection... but I loved it) or the pale green painted brick (that was my selection, and I like it much better than the burgandy). 


But the upgraded appliances would have been nice!!

A quickie look at a few other lofts... I can't end with the redo of my own.
 Riverplace condos sc




Ian Marshall Atlanta Real Estate


Real Estate listing- South Carolina


Birmingham News- Living

-Emmie

13 comments:

  1. I like interior brick walls too although we don't have any in our house. I like the look of the bedroom with the brick wall behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interior brick photos..very warm and old world.. glad you stopped by my blog as it brought me to yours! I've enjoyed reading through some of your posts..
    xx
    Jolena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these make me swoon, especially the first 2 pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunch of great photos. I'm not sure where I am on interior brick. It's "red" forever. I like my boring brick to be painted. The older, the more beat up, the more "built for a practical rather than decorative reason" the better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful examples - and I love the linens in that HGTV photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love a brick wall. This is a great roundup. :) Our apartment in New York had exposed brick along one entire side and it's one of the things I miss most about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm i love this look. so charming and rustic! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we lived in Boston one half of our town home was exposed brick and even still contained the original bread and cooling ovens in the walls. It provided a wonderful textural component to the living space as well as a reminder of the history of Charlestown. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the grey or white painted brick is my favorite. you have some great options here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Todаy, I went to the beach with my childrеn.
    I fοund a sea ѕhell and gave it tо my 4 year οld daughteг аnd said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." Ѕhe placеd the ѕhell to heг ear and sсreameԁ.
    Thеre was a hermіt crab inside and it pіnсhed her eаr.
    Shе never wants tο gο baсk!
    LοL I know this iѕ completely off topic but Ι had to tеll
    ѕomeonе!

    Also visіt my ρagе :: Insurance for homes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really inspired with your writing talents as smartly as with the layout on your weblog. Is that this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent high quality writing, it is uncommon to peer a nice blog like this one these days..

    My website :: mediatemple alternative

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello i am kaѵіn, itѕ my fіrst
    tіme to сommentіng anywhere, when i read thiѕ pагаgraph i thought i сοuld аlѕo сrеate comment ԁuе to this
    brillіant piece of writing.

    Τаκe а loоk at my wеb page .
    .. ft??a e?s?t???a ae??p????a

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.