Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot...

Like Christmas!

We have most of decorations up- though we haven't fully done the tree (due to some lighting defects). But I have these little "vignettes" to make me happy.

I've baked three batches of Christmas Cookies, one batch of Rum Balls, mailed half to my uncle in Hawaii, and shipped all packages that needed shipping. Thank-you, USPS, for having those "if it fits, it ships" boxes this year. You would be my hero if all of my Christmas cards arrived unscathed. :-) I'm also nearing my limit on eggnog- I LOVE it but it is SO bad for you!


I have also decided to buy a car now (because I am certifiably crazy). My lease is ending at the end of the year and I didn't want to be stressed for a decision at the last minute. So instead I am choosing to be stressed right before Christmas. Brilliant. I did get a great deal though, so... there you go. My goal is to do the "financially responsible" thing and drive it for 10 years or more... we'll see.


Yes, the above image is a random assortment of bells with this great (albeit faux) boxwood kissing ball. The dogs ring the bells to go outside. Speaking of the furkids, they head out to camp tomorrow while Mr. Southern and I head up to the Great White North to see family.

Are you finished with preparations? Or are you like me and have the few last-minute gifts to pick up?


Finally, I had to share my big Holiday score before putting myself on a self-imposed shopping diet (not including the car). Admittedly all the white lights may make us ready to become the next Griswalds, but the wreath came after we lit the trees. Isn't it magnificent!? It's a 60-inch wreath from Frontgate and I LOVE it. Poor Mr. Southern spent the weekend hanging the thing. It could be a few inches lower, but I wasn't doing the hanging and was not about to suggest any changes to him after all of his efforts!

Sorry for all the random rambling in this post... Hope y'all have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. I love your decorations-but the outside is magnificent! What a fantastic wreath, Emmie. Christmas wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decorations-love the outside too!
    I am alll done w/ xmas shopping and preparations (besides some baking), yay!

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the car...new cars are always exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the car, & Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home looks gorgeous, Emmie! Wishing you the very best Christmas and safe travels up North! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful decorations - I especially love the big wreath outside. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The front of your house looks spectacular and that wreath is breathtaking (I need one!!). Definitely not Griswolds at all.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.