Monday, March 29, 2010

It's a Brand New Day!


Great quote: Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad, is a full minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Good morning! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Mr. Southern and I got a bit of gardening accomplished- mostly weeding, admittedly, but rather cathartic! Madison, our youngest furbaby, tossed up Daddy's sock that she apparently had eaten last week when Mommy was out of town. Of course, we thought the culprit was Tilghman! (sorry, that is probably TMI). Needless to say, she is feeling much better and is now getting along fine with foster dog Kaylee.

Speaking of dogs, last week we attended a fundraiser for the Atlanta Humane Society, hosted by the fine folks at Sweetwater Brewing. We got to meet Lemonhead, an incredibly sweet Staffordshire Terrier rescued from a dog-fighting ring in Atlanta. After socializing (and after I-nicely- finished grilling of one of the directors), we had a tour of the facility.
Friday night, Habersham hosted another Garden Party with a few tasty snacks and wine. Few things better than sipping wine in the garden.
It's no secret that I would replace all of the grass in our backyard with gardens and pathways if Mr. Southern would allow me and Habersham is just the place for inspiration (I also posted about them last Fall).

Honestly, not to knock anyway, but how many garden centers have staging like this?

Not to mention their fabulous indoor spaces, a respite from the chilling temps, featuring items that look equally great indoors as out.

Love this little guy...This little house was too expensive for my taste (well over $200!) but oh so cute.


This little bunny would be a welcome visitor in any garden... and just in time for Easter.



LOVE the look of these edibles.

And as we did last fall, we finished up at Alfredo's, a great old-school Italian place.


Have a fabulous week!!

9 comments:

  1. We were at Habersham on Saturday. We want our yard to be like theirs, terra cotta chunks with blue specs. Actually we want to live at Habersham. Ever seen them feed the cats?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that's sounds like a great evening-I love all of those places (though my family does not allow me to volunteer at Human Society b/c I have sticky fingers around dogs)! Lemonhead is SUCH a good name, and he's cute-I'd take him!! So glad he was rescued and I hope he makes a wonderful pet for someone. Habershams is a treasure, in fact when I babysat in highschool, I took kids there as a little field trip. Good for grown ups, too. Do they still have their birds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gardening shop - looks like it was a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend, Emmie! And I totally agree...grass is waaay overrated. I'm all about converting your yard into secret gardens! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Love that garden shop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend! I can't wait to get back to my garden :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great time. Looks like the pup enjoyed himself too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing better than a trip to the garden center. What a beautiful one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT garden decor! I am so ready for spring - have already cut the first daffodils for display!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.