Monday, July 13, 2009

Foster Doggie Update: Chanel's Breeding Days are Over


Busy day! I didn't set myself up for a good Blog posting last night, as I was too busy researching red mites, which apparently have infected my hydrangea and azaleas.  We got rain last night (yeah!) but it came with thunderstorms, which meant the dogs didn't sleep very well (so we didn't sleep very well).  And this morning, I was out of the house at the crack of dawn to take Miss Chanel in for her spay and teeth cleaning.
I am happy to say the little girl is recovering nicely.  Yes, she looks a little dopey in her post-op picture (the one above) but we should cut the poor girl a break.  She did very well and I am thrilled to pieces that she will not be used for breeding anymore!  Chanel also managed nicely through a 2-hour Adoption Day yesterday, full of meeting lots of nice people but also lots of loud noises.  A little overwhelming... but she did great.  She is still looking for her forever home (but her Foster Mommy is picky too).

Now for my PSA: Chanel had several cysts on her ovaries- not a problem now as they (her ovaries) are gone. But did you know that one of the benefits of spaying/neutering your pet is that it significantly reduces the chance of cancer (specifically, mammary gland, ovarian, uterine, OR testicular and prostrate disease) ?  Add to that the help in reducing the pet overpopulation and it's a total win win.

Back soon with my quest for home organization.  Not just utilitarian- pretty!

-Emmie

4 comments:

  1. Hydrangeas get the mites in dry weather. Ugh.

    Use Ultra-Fine Horticultural Oil. Coat tops/bottoms of foliage. Spray in early morning.
    .
    Next time it is dry hose your plants with water, tops/bottoms of leaves, to prevent the mites.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet girl!!! You'll be happy to know that our Golden is adopted and rescued. His name is Jack and he is the BEST dog ever. I love this breed!
    Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments. I really appreciate them. I don't always have time to comment back because I have little gremlins hanging off my legs while I blog but I definitely appreciate your thoughts.
    xx
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is soooo sweet! You are a very special soul to be a Foster 'mama'! Chanel is definitely a 'golden' winner and here's to hoping she finds the perfect home!

    I worked in a spay/neuter clinic for 6 years...and am a huge proponent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dog and wonderful owner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.