Monday, July 6, 2009

A Carpeting of Roses

/20080861231.jpg
Not to get too personal, but I have to say, I'm off to a rough day (ah, the joys of office politics). In fact, I had to come back and add to this post. If you watched the Real Housewives of New York City (I did and love those gals)- just picture the Bethenny/Kelly (aka Crazy Girl) discussion when Crazy Girl says, "Bethenny, Bethenny, Bethenny" and Bethenny was like, "What?" That was my morning with a colleague. Just in case you're wondering, I was Bethenny, not crazy girl.
Anyway, I need some loveliness, so here we go!

I have learned not to give too much credence to these new plants developed by marketing mavens in the gardening world. But, I must say that I adore the Carpet Rose by Anthony Tesselaar plants. They have been by far the easiest plant to care for in my constantly-work-in-progress garden. I water occasionally if we haven't had rain and am rewarded with the best-looking flowers in the yard (except perhaps the Dahlia, which I posted about here.)

So, here's some flowering eye candy that I hope helps to brighten your day!








Flower Carpet rose




20080861231.jpg
50309101450.jpg



10 comments:

  1. i think the peach colors are my favorite but really any garden will do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, the Real Housewives of NY are great! I hope things in the office get better soon :)

    Beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are incredible - peach perfection!

    Hope your day brightens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am violating all the water restrictions with my sprinkler on the new flowers in the front garden. Nothing REMOTELY as pretty as your images. You run, you plant, you write. We'll tell the whack job to leave you alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty...hope tomorrow gets much better for you. I need to appreciate working alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that you have a Kelly in your life. But, life is not all a blog filled with gorgeous roses and that is a real shame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore roses.... Unfortunately i dont have enough sun in my yard to grow them! I will just have to admire yours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers are so pretty! Your Kelly/Bethany situation made me laugh. Not that I am laughing at you working with a crazy colleague (that stinks), but I could picture it since I love the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.