Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Weekend!


Our dinner club met first for Yoga in the Park last evening in Piedmont Park. It was a phenomenal experience- yoga-ing (yes I'm not a true yogi) in the great outdoors. In fact, the weather cooperated and the rain held off for the entire class- though the downpour began on the way to the car.
We had dinner at Dynamic Dish, a Vegetarian place on the edge of Inman Park. The menu is quite limited and despite all the positive reviews I'd read, I was a little... concerned. However, the food did not disappoint- it was really good- and inspired me to get out my Moosewood Cookbook and make a few vegetarian dishes this weekend just because.

Looks like more rain, which I'm actually excited about- a chance to hide out indoors, read, and get some organizing done (all weekend projects that fall to the wayside when given the opportunity to garden outdoors).


Have a very relaxing and peaceful weekend- and while our surroundings may not be quite this fantastic, look for the beauty around you!

-Emmie

7 comments:

  1. I'm am trying to ease into a vegetarian diet. I rarely eat meat anyway, about once a week, but I'm experimenting with recipes. I need to get that cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome healthy day! I need one of those. It poured here yesterday and I was so lovely. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yoga so much and it's even better when it's outdoors! I'm a vegetarian and I'm always trying to convince people that veg food can be really great so I applaud your effort. :) And I wish it would rain here (and I live in Seattle!). We haven't seen any all summer and we could really use it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piedmont can be great. Yoga then dinner? Maybe next time bowling at Express Lanes then Fat Matt's? :^0 Two Atlanta classics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you did yoga before dinner...and then followed up with a vegetarian meal! My idea of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That beach looks like an amazing vacation site! Have a fabulous weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen the photos of the Lululemon phenom sweeping NYC? It's in New York Magazine. http://nymag.com/shopping/features/58082/
    See - you are so cutting edge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.