Thursday, January 28, 2010

Awards! and 10 Things Game


I have been honored with two awards recently and wanted to say thank you. Blayne at This Photographer's Life (In Search of Style). You may have met Blayne through Holly's introduction. I honestly can't even remember when I first starting reading Blayne but am always inspired by her fantastic photography and fabulous homes she features.

The rules for The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity & creativity inspire others in the blog world. Here are the rules for accepting this award:

put the logo on your blog or within your post
pass the award on to 12 bloggers
link the nominees in your post
let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
share the love and link to the person who sent you this award

I give this to:

A little while back, Rita of A Refocused Life gave me the Happy 101 award.


For the blogger willing to participate in the
Happy 101 Award,
please accept, share your list of ten things that make you happy, and
pass the award on to those you want to honor.


I also thank Short Southern Momma, a super cute gal with great ideas, for my Best Blog Award.


And yesterday, I was tagged by Lesley at The Bright Life to give 10 Things I can't Live Without.

So I am combining this into one post!

Here are my 10 things that either make me happy or I can't live without (because I think the two are similar!):

1. Truffles. Not the chocolate variety, but those lovely earthy mushrooms. I've never bought a real truffle but I do adore truffle oil and truffle-infused things, like honey. When dining out, if I ever spy something made with truffles, I will order it. The end.


2. My morning coffee. With cream. Preferably something cinnamon, coconut, or caramel flavored. MMMM. Love coffee. At night, love coffee for a totally different reason- it puts me to sleep. Weird, I know (but I think linked to those with ADD, which would explain a lot).

Mug shown from Tuvalu Home

3. Great bedding. As you've no doubt noticed, I travel a good bit for my job. I am picky about hotels largely because of the sheet factor. One of the best things about the luxe hotels is the sheet quality. Great sheets and a lovely down pillow = a very happy Emmie.


4. The beach. I need to see or hear or smell water (preferably salt) with some regularity. I would love to join the Beach Girl Bloggers (as I call them... you know, those fabulous designers down in Florida) and live tucked away at the beach.


5. Savon de Marseille soap. I don't know if this is a good thing, but I use this admittedly to wash my face most evenings. Even if I use a face soap, I'll end up using this to get rid of the last traces of makeup. Plus, you never need a cheesy soap dispenser.

Photo from Vickery.

6. Wine. So let's file this as a thing that makes me happy rather than something that I can't live without so I don't sound like a total wino. Love discovering new wines and one of my favorite getaways with Mr. Southern is when we visit wine country in California. We've done it nearly every year for the past 4 years.
7. Food... or rather cooking. Love to cook and the more frou-frou the better. One of the best ways to spend an afternoon is whipping up a feast... for 2 or 10. (with wine in hand, of course).

from Martha Stewart's Cooking School

8. My furkids. You know I couldn't NOT include them. And we'll put family and friends in this as well, but I figured people couldn't be on the list, but dogs could. :-)



9. Gardening. I may not be the most gifted in the green thumb department, but I adore being outdoors and playing in the dirt. And when I can reap the rewards of my labor- all the better!!


10. You! I have had so much fun in this whole Blogging world- I really appreciate the relationships I've made and look forward to getting to know you better.

PS- I am terrible at giving the awards, so if I don't list you but you'd like to be listed, email me and I will get you in! :-) emmie2008 at gmail dot com.

18 comments:

  1. Ah thank you!!!!! I am so honored!!! I will be doing this soon. LOVE that coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet!! Glad to know that I'm doing something right! I'll be sure to post this on my page and pass along the sunshine to others!

    BTW, love that mug you featured in your favorite things list. THhat would make a perfect V-day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing, Emmie, you popular girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wine is a good one, that makes me happy too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Thank you so much! And congrats on so many awards!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you darling! I needed some sunshine today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too sweet, thanks for the award. I love many of the things on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I, too, adore truffles (not that I eat them by the fistful but I'm always swayed at a restaurant when an item features them), wine, coffee, and Savon de Marseille soap (best packaging in the world!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Congratulations on all your awards! I loved reading your ten things. I share a love for so many of the same things... esp gardening and cooking things from my garden, Can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. {YAY}!! Congrats to you, Emmie!! Oh and your 10 things, ditto, ditto, ditto, just switch the truffles for the chocolate variety!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post! I too love the beach, great bedding and well, everything on your darling list! Thank you for sharing with us!
    XX Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for including us on your list! I love all of your favourite things...when in Paris I had to try the truffle souffle and it was amazing so I'm with you on the truffle thing! Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emmie,

    Thank you sooooo much for including me in your list. I'm so excited. I've got to think about my list so I think I'll post this on Sat. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the award! You are so kind. Also, I love your selection of things that make your happy -- so many lovely things :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Emmie!!! I'll be cherishing this award on my award page!!

    Have a great weekend!

    And I'm off checking out all the other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to post the award soon (when I'm back from my mini-vacation). The coffee mug is so sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank you for the award! this will be fun and i hope to get around to it soon :) thanks for sharing all about you - it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I can't belive how much I suck!! Thank you SOOO much for the award, I'm doing a post on it this week! :D

    xoxo
    Dagny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.