Sunday, January 3, 2010

Off to a Great Start!


If anyone had any doubt, 2010 promises to be a great year. My New Year's Resolution? Drink Champagne once a week. No, I'm not going to develop a drinking problem... I am going to celebrate the small stuff. Forget the whole, "Live in the Moment." How about "Celebrate each Moment?" This does not mean that everything in my life has been peaches and roses of late. But this year, my goal is to really try to let the tough stuff roll off me and to focus on all the good.

A couple of big events I have on my calendar... First, meeting Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar this weekend. Yes, I'm late to the party, I know; everyone has been to Scott's with them or to some other fabulous excursion (and I especially mean you, Lauren, Michelle, Terri, Beth, Meg et al). :-)
This Saturday (January 9th), I will be joining the dashing duo to learn about framing whilst sipping Sauvignon Blanc (no, it's not Champagne, but it will be close). If you're interested, I've heard there is still space- and it's free for Bloggers. Just email Jaithan (jaithan@eddieross.com). Hooray! And, this brings me one baby step closer to my hero Martha (I promise, I am really not a stalker).

Next up, (January or February?) a meeting with a certain Atlanta interior designer (and blogger) to help me take my home to the next level. Yes, blogging has taught me many things, including the fact that y'all designers have talent. Much more so than I. Same goes for Landscape Designers- and I will be smuggling in another one, if she'll have me (more to come). Of course, we've got a few exciting weddings along the way, lots more travel, and who knows how many Doggie escapades. Including, my current attempt to land us all on a spot of a TV makeover show. So stay tuned!

And, if you're planning a blogger-hosting party for Eddie and Jaithan- or want to plan one with me!- please let me know!!

-Emmie

PS- for those looking for suggestions on Champagne, I'll work on getting some recommendations down!

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with Eddie and Jaithan! should be fun.
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun start your New Year has been, Emmie! You're attitude is so refreshing and I bet as much as you're going to enjoy meeting Eddie and Jaitan, they'll love meeting you, too. Enjoy the get together and have fun with your home re-do. I cannot wait to see the outcome of both!

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun fun!! I'm locked inside our house at the moment... It's so freezing cold outside that I can't even go for a stroll with Stella...

    Hope you've had a wonderful xmas!!

    xoxo
    dagny

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and thanks for the comment on the boots, I think I may end up getting them!! 30 F would have been perfect right now... Minnesota, isn't there tons of Norwegians there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first visit here and you're meeting Eddie Ross ??!! I am envious. I like his style, but I think his personality is cute too! Hope to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous you're going to meet Eddie and Jaithan -- I expect a full report! Also, can't wait to hear about what your designer comes up with for your hope (again, jealous!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have such a great time with Eddie and Jaithan! What fun. Make sure to take lots of pictures and notes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have lots of fun on your excursion with Eddie and Jaithan, Emmie. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your 2010 resolution. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh i love that white frame. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous, I wish I lived closer because I so want to go see Eddie and Jaithan- take lots of pics for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for such a sweet post! We are looking forward to meeting you too!
    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, I can't wait to see what you have done in the house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comments! It means so much to me.