First, thank you to Sanity Fair for awarding me the Honest Scrap. Per the "rules" of the award, here are the 10 honest things about yours truly. Whoo I thought this was going to be easy!
1. I am a wannabe sorority girl. We did not have sororities at the small liberal arts college I attended for undergrad (sadly, I didn't get to know Mr. Jefferson's University until graduate school). I think I would have loved prancing around in Lilly.
2. I love elephants. As a child, I collected numerous "statuettes." As an adult, I want numerous paintings, even if they're geared towards children, and designer fabrics like Canova's Bengale. I also would love an elephant painting as in, one painted by an elephant.
3. I fancy myself a Neiman's girl but still have a hard time spending that kind of cash on clothes. I'm trying (only semi-successfully) to adopt the European (?) philosophy of fewer clothes, better clothes, but it's very hard for me. Especially when I do the math of 4 Banana Republic trousers = 1 NM trouser!
4. As a pre-teen, I was teased for not having enough Benetton, The Limited, Guess jeansetc. I think (OK I know) that this in part drives my desire for purchasing clothing and is one of the reasons I'm scared to have children. Silly, I know, but true!
5. I adore Baker furniture and this type of design. When I feel like I've lost my way decorating my home, I return to the Bakery ads. Sadly, I still haven't achieved this elegant non-cluttered look!
6. I am harder on myself and more critical than anyone could ever be of me.
7. As a child, my mother called me a bulldozer- I'd push people (admittedly literally and figuratively) to get my way (hey, I was the big sister!). I feel in love with Mr. Southern (fell more madly in love) when he sent me a Tonka version of a bulldozer. I took as his way of saying, I know you and I love you. :-)
8. I hate going grocery shopping for necessities but could spend hours in a specialty food store shopping for nothing.
9. In those "brain teaser" tests, I almost always score right in the middle of left brain and right brain. I often would get frustrated with myself- why can I not be more creative? OR... Why can I not be more mathematical? Now, I'm learning to embrace the fact that I can have the best of both worlds.
10. The part about the Honest Scrap award that stresses me out the most is determining to whom to give it! So many of y'all already have received it and so many are so deserving!!
So, I'd love to give it to (and I apologize if you have already received it).
6. Dirt Therapy
7. Landscape Design (Tara Dillard)
Next up, my Kreativ Blogger award...
Hope you're having a great day!